Happy Tuesday friends in hockey, where tonight the Seattle Kraken can finish the dress rehearsal period, known as pre-season play, with four wins in six games against the host Vancouver Canucks tonight at Rogers Arena.
Schwartz – McCann – Eberle
Donato – Wennberg – Donskoi
Jarnkrok – Geekie – Appleton
Tanev – Sheahan – Bastian
Fleury – Giordano
Larsson – Soucy
Lauzon – Dunn
Backup to be determined as of press time
- A count of 16 players were on the ice this morning, less than a conventional full lineup. Goaltenders Chris Driedger (first to leave the ice between the two) and Joey Daccord were present on the ice, Philipp Grubauer was not.
- Head coach Dave Hakstol confirmed Grubauer will start in net tonight, with the plan to play the entire game. Though saddled with a “no decision” in last Friday’s overtime win against Edmonton in Everett, where he was relieved by Daccord after the second period, Grubauer was visibly rounding into form while allowing just one goal on 17 shots.
- Grubauer has 110 minutes in net with a 2.71 goals-against-average for the pre-season.
- Six additional skaters remained on ice nearing Noon to participate in drills, none participating in tonight’s game: Yanni Gourde (wearing a conventional white colored practice jersey), Max McCormick, Kole Lind, Jamie Oleksiak, Dennis Cholowski, and Will Borgen.
- Tonight’s broadcast will open expanded pre-game coverage you’ll hear from now on as part of the Kraken Audio Network: 30 minute pre-game coverage, with extended post-game coverage to supplement the dulcet tones of play-by-play voice Everett Fitzhugh’s call. He’ll also routinely bring you an exclusive, one-on-one pre-game with head coach Dave Hakstol. I’ll look forward to being with you at 6:30pm PT!
Tonight’s intermission guests:
- 1st intermission – Jonny Greco, Seattle Kraken Senior VP, Live Entertainment & Game Presentation
- 2nd intermission – Brendan Batchelor, Vancouver Canucks, Radio Play-by-Play